Pages

Monday, February 9, 2015

Not About a Number

Happy Monday, friends!

Today I begin a friendly competition in a healthy living group I am in. Sure, the winner is based of percentage of weight loss, but that is not why I am there; it isn't what drives me....

ANYMORE.


There was a time where a number controlled me. A number defined me. My goal was about a certain number on the scale. My goal was about the number written on the tag of my jeans or that hot dress I wanted to wear. 

(Don't get me wrong....I do think your numbers are good feedback. The scale & tracking your inches lost (I think you need to do both as sometimes that scale may not move, but you have lost a good couple of inches) is a great way to keep things in check - if you're working out like a rock star & your scale is going up, you might need to revisit your foods. So, yes, feedback is great....just can't be your only feedback of your progress.)

During that point of my healthy-living journey, the numbers had all the control over me. They told me if I was beautiful or ugly; happy or sad; a failure or a success. Honestly, I was miserable and never feeling like I was good enough & always told myself I should just give up as I would never get to my "goal weight."

Then, one day, I woke up. I had one of those incredible chats with myself. I asked myself what I really wanted from living a healthy life. Did I think once I achieved that ## on the scale, I would suddenly by happy? Would a certain pair of jeans make me feel beautiful? Should a ## define my mood or even the person that I am? 

Of course, the answers were all no. I was focused on the wrong results. I had the wrong ideas in my head.

What I really wanted; what my real goal truly was.....it was a very simple concept. I just wanted to be the best version of me. I wanted to be a strong version of Krisha that lived with goals and fire to achieve her dreams & wasn't afraid to turn dreams into goals. I wanted to be a Krisha that was confident, regardless if her jean size tag had a 10 on it or a 6. I wanted to be the version of myself that knew I was a beautiful woman regardless of the numbers that the scale would read.

The best me. A number cannot tell me when I am there or even how to get there. Once I took the power away from numbers, my magic happened. 

Numbers are something you can't really control... I mean, how many times have you had an amazing week & jumped on the scale thinking you would be down a good couple of pounds & really you ended up a couple?! So, I focus on what I can control which is myself, my views, my goals, my positive mind, my positive affirmations, my choices.  These lead me to the best me...something a number can't ever give me or take away from me.

Until Next Time~
*krisha*
Kelsey @ Random Randts

3 comments:

  1. I have decided this time on my journey to be the best me yet that I will not let the numbers control me. It's pretty freeing! I still weigh myself and will still get excited if I get into a smaller sized pants but i'm trying to learn to be happy where I'm at but still strive to be better! Good luck in your competition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true! The number on the scale doesn't determine your worth!! Love this!!

    ~Fawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great post!! Thanks for linking up!!! :)

    ReplyDelete