Pages

Friday, August 28, 2015

The Adventures of Bear & a New Passion!

Thank you so much to all of you who have been praying for my little Bear! Today I am feeling relieved, excited...but I will admit a little stressed & overwhelmed adjusting the three of us to our new lifestyle. 

Truly, I am so excited for her. No, she isn't "fixed" but we have been given a better lifestyle for her. A chance for her to go through her days without fear of having an accident, carrying her extra clothes everywhere she goes, struggling with her self-confidence, and some days just simply scared. Literally, it feels like we have been stuck in potty training hell for four years.
Yes, she could NOT wait to get outside the hospital yesterday now that the external tube was gone & do a cartwheel!

As her mom, I am so excited for her to take off to her first day of second grade & feeling even more at peace! I used to worry all day long about her; was scared for her. I used to be afraid to put her on the school bus in the mornings, I was afraid of field trips & not being there with her. I would sit there on the edge of my seat with my fingers crossed during gymnastics or basketball games! 

We see this as an improved lifestyle for us. This gives us a better way to put her body on a set schedule & to force her colon to work on our schedule. 

Don't get me wrong, this will not be easy. We will do her flush every evening & we are not sure yet how long it will take us but easily an hour & a half. We are sort of back in a trial & error point now that we are down to once a day. There will be activities we have to leave early from, friend sleepovers that might be difficult, and times we just cannot join in some fun.

Now, the hard part for mom is making it all work! I work full-time; by the time I leave work & pick up my girls & walk into our home it is at the very earliest 5:30. She is supposed to eat dinner & have at least a couple of hours before her routine & it is supposed to be done about the same time every day. 

Hmm....yup! This will not be an easy transition for this mama on her own! To add to the fun, I confirmed yesterday after my own personal observations the past few weeks that processed crap causes her to cramp greatly during - like screaming & to the point of tears. It makes sense - our bodies are not made to process chemicals & when we are literally forcing her body to break down the foods as quickly as we do, I can imagine the struggles it endures. I have really limited the processed foods at my house already, but I know I have work to do!

Because the health of my girls is my number one always, be ready for this mom's new passion which will be cutting down & out processed foods & packing healthy lunches for all three of us. Followed up with dinners via the crock pot on several nights or easy & quick meals!


I have always worried about Laynee's body getting all the nutrients it needs since we have to force her body to process them the way we do. She has not grown in the past 2 years much at all & has not gained weight but we have also seen her weight crazy all over the place with losing some so fast at times. At this point, her pediatrician & I discussed that we have put her body through a lot in the past two years so for now, we will watch & see if she progresses. But, I know I can do my part to make sure her body is getting the good stuff! 

A new direction, an even bigger passion, for my healthy lifestyle! This 100% will not be easy for me. I have never been good at planning meals out for the week - ever. But, life has given me no option. To make our school year flow & function in a smooth & healthy way I have to make changes. I have to dive in! 

By the way....ever wonder why I call her Bear?? Two years ago, her kindergarten year, she was a total mess in the mornings & I swear she growled like a bear!!! Every day. It was horrible. Days I wanted to pour a glass of wine before 7 in the morning! So, I began calling her a bear. Well, towards the end of the school year we discovered she had sleep apnea after a sleep study! Hmm...that explains it - she was not receiving quality sleep! She got her tonsils & adenoids out & things got better. But.... she will always be my Bear!
Until Next Time~
*krisha*



1 comment:

  1. Ever thought about green smoothies, easy and quickly digested. Nutrient dense and easily prepared, she should be able to eat them relatively quickly, digest them almost immediately and the fiber should help the process.

    ReplyDelete