Pages

Sunday, August 9, 2015

The Glimmer

I sit here with my notebook where I write random thoughts, words, or memories. 

So much reflection going on inside this mind of mine.



We didn't get to church today; just was not in our cards this morning for Laynee, so I sit here instead deep in my own thoughts & prayers.

I cannot tell you the number of times I have found tears in my eyes since returning back home this week from our surgery trip.

Happy tears.
Grateful tears.
Amazed tears.

I came home to a house that my mom had arranged and paid for to be completely clean for this full-time working mom that is on her own. The carpets were even cleaned. Although I had done extra cleaning up before leaving so I did not have to walk into a mess, walking into a house that was totally & completely clean was incredible. My mom also did some other random jobs around here for me. She has the most giving heart I have ever known.

My daughter arrived home to another fun "get well" gift bag on the front porch & fun "welcome home" signs hanging on the garage from her sister & cousin. The next two days, Laynee received flowers to the house & so many more cards in the mail. I came home to my favorite hard cider sitting in my fridge.....which I immediately poured myself a glass.

In the days since, I have received so many more messages from those praying for us or had been thinking about us. I still get daily texts from family & friends checking in to see how things are progressing.

The other night I was treated to a "spoil mom night." My girls got a bubble bath ready complete with wine & music while dinner was being made. I sat there with tears & the biggest smile on my face & a heart that was simply busting with love.

For the past year, I had been traveling through a storm. There were many dark, scary days. Days where I felt the rain may never quit. Days I wondered if the lightning would strike & knock me down to the ground. Days where the wind was so strong, I could only go backwards.

There were times I reminded myself that sometimes you have to travel through a storm, you have to fight & stand strong. After the storm ends, the sun comes back out & if you are lucky, you might find a rainbow.

This weekend I have just been full of true joy. My girls are healthy (yes, Laynee has her "issues" but in general she is a healthy seven year old girl). I have some truly amazing people by my side that really just love me for me; the real me. We have so much love in our home; in our world. 

Today I can say that right now....in this moment...

I am so truly happy; the sun shines all day & even when it does get dark, I can always find just a small little glimmer of light reminding me that the storm will end & that no matter what, the sun will be back.

So, today I want to say thank you for being a blessing in my life! Always, always, look for the light no matter how small of a glimmer.

Until Next Time~
*krisha*



 

No comments:

Post a Comment