Pages

Monday, October 29, 2012

The Weekend Self-Sabotage....AGAIN



My name is Krisha and I like beer. I do. On weekends I like to drink a lot of it. However, once I step on the scale Sunday or Monday morning, I hate beer & I hate myself.  I look in the mirror with absolute disgust in myself. I'm mad, I'm disappointed, I'm sad, I'm upset. 

It's a very vicious cycle I appear to be on for the past few months. Two weeks ago, I was so close to getting back to that lower decade of numbers on my scale - so close I could almost taste it. I was so close to wanting something I have been working on again for so very long.  Now, here I am....up above 5 pounds from there.

Why? Well, you see, I am pretty much on track during the week. I'm staying very close to my recommend intake of calories & drinking more water than I have in a while.  Then, the weekend arrives. I drink lots of beer on Friday and then even more on Saturday. Not to mention there are always some special weekend foods, such as pizza. Sunday....well I typically am not feeling fantastic so I eat the day away trying to settle back down my stomach. 

Yes, it's time for an adjustment in life. I think I really need to step back from the beer for a while. This weekend I am already planning ahead - I know Saturday will be a dinner out w/ my husband's family. I will drink a beer, maybe two. But, I think that will be my limit for the weekend. 

I do know I cannot cut my beer out forever. I mean, I could, but I don't really want to. But, right now, if I really want to get to my goal weight, I need to cut it down. I NEED to end this vicious cycle I am on right now. I want to hit that weight. I need to focus on that right now. Once I hit maintenance, I can work it back in.

My ultimate goal is to look at a picture of myself and think I look incredible. I want to see & feel proud of myself & what I have accomplished. I look in this picture from this weekend & think I look like I weigh 160 instead of what I do. Ugh!


Okay, so here I go. Here I go for this week. I AM GOING TO BREAK THIS CYCLE! I am going to start to REALLY lose this weight. On your mark, get set, GO!


No comments:

Post a Comment