Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Ugh....Craving a Workout!!

You know that saying, "You are only one workout away from a good mood," do you believe it? There are so many quotes out there motivating you to get that workout in, and yes, several that I believe to not really be true. This one, I'm finding out very fast, is true.

This spring & summer I was training for a half-marathon that I should be running in 11 days. I worked all the way up to 10 miles. I love running.....my high school self would have NEVER believed that statement! I love the quality time with myself. I love the music. I love the time to think. I love the energy, that high I get. I love the challenge. I love the accomplishment. I love releasing stress. As much as I love being a mom, I also love not being able to hear my girls fight or whine while I am running. What to do when suddenly it is taken away from you?

I am scheduled for shoulder surgery on November 13th. I am doing physical therapy for it and dealing with a constant everyday pain currently. It hurts when I run, it hurts when I walk fast (as in fast enough to be considered a workout). My body is seriously CRAVING a good, sweaty, intense, kick some *ss workout right now. Ugh! I honestly feel so down in the dumps, my energy level sucks (which could also be related to the somewhat lack of sleep I'm getting due to my arm). I always thought I did the workouts just because I wanted to lose weight......huh? I guess it is true what "they" say, you learn something new everyday. For me, it's learning something new about me everyday lately.

Until I can find a workout that I can do without horribly increasing my daily pain, I guess I will keep watching those points values, those calories, and focus on my food choices....but seriously!
Until then, I will just keep pacing down this road of mine. I am not going to lose sight of the progress I have made so far.... I will keep kicking some *ss one way or another!


No comments:

Post a Comment