Pages

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

WIW....Again


This week has been a week of looking back. I lost 55 pounds on WW after joining when my youngest daughter was 2 weeks old. That would have been August of 2008. 
I lost that, slowly, reminding myself often of the saying "Slow & Steady Wins the Race." 
I went for months where I never even had a gain, I posted a loss every time....might not have been a big loss but down is always down in my eyes.
I maintained that 55 pound lost for about a year & a half when suddenly my scale started creeping up no matter what I did. I couldn't figure it out & kept trying new things. 
Finally after a year, I started researching my birth control & have recently changed that in hopes that was an issue.
So what did I do? How did I lose that weight that is different from now?
That has been my focus this week.

I worked the plan.
I tracked in my 3 month journal pretty much every day.
I would enjoy a cheat meal, or sometimes it was a day.
I worked out & enjoyed my workout.
I made myself a priority in my "To Do" list every day.

More importantly:
I told myself that every day was a NEW day.
If I screwed up yesterday, it didn't matter anymore, because today was a day to make a better choice.
I was nice & understanding to myself. 
I didn't beat myself up if I screwed up, I accepted I was human & not perfect.
I didn't say mean things to myself, such as "you suck."
Or my current favorite one "you are such a failure."
I didn't look in the mirror & say "Wow, you look FAT."
I looked in the mirror & saw progress, I wasn't looking for perfection.

I sit here currently about 15 pounds up from where I was really maintaining, sure I got lower than that, but I didn't maintain that lower #. 
So what? Get over it! Move forward.
I am quite certain that I'm not the first person in the world of weight lost that has regained some weight. 

So today's WI is up 0.5 from last week, but down 2.8 from where I was when I stepped on the scale on Monday morning. So, yes, I'm happy with that. 
I have done better the past few days planning my food & sticking with it!
I'm not expecting myself to be perfect & I'm not going to deprive myself from things I love. 
I will work them into my plan.
I will pick a cheat meal for the week....(not sure which day this will be yet for this weekend) but it will stop at a meal, not an entire weekend like this last one!
 Because that is how I lost my weight in the first place.

Here's some pics for the week:
We had Easter at my parents on Sunday - we have such beautiful kids!

Insanity:

This was the gorgeous sunrise the other morning. Isn't God's art amazing?

 Until Next Time ~
*krisha*
 

3 comments:

  1. I love WW and it is such a great program, especially when you track haha. I give myself a meal or a day often and find that I still lose a pound or 2 and then I don't feel deprived because I haven't had french fries in a month. You look great, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU GO GIRL! So proud of you for putting yourself first, and not beating yourself up. I had a cheat weekend this past week too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. good job girl!!!
    cheat meals are def rewarding when you earn them :-)

    http://www.infinitelifefitness.com
    http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete