Pages

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

WIW...Moving Forward

It's Wednesday again! The week is at the half-way point & for that I'm very thankful!
button

I'm only going to mention my WI as an "I'm up" but I'm down from where I was on Monday morning so I'm going in the right direction!

This week had its stresses for sure. Friday I ended up spending 12 hours in the ER with my youngest. She ended up with some kind of virus last week and became SERIOUSLY DEHYDRATED. She looked awful, I felt awful. She had some numbers showing on her lab work that were scary & that was potentially pointing at some more serious problems/diseases. However, finally, yesterday her lab work showed improvement & yes, I'm praising God for two healthy girls. Plus, she is still adorable even sick.

I have learned a lot about myself this week. As I mentioned yesterday, I asked myself The Hard Questions this week. Why am I struggling? Why am I choosing things that are awful for me? What am I afraid of? And the list of questions goes on & on. I realized over the weekend that my issues with food do go deeper than I have ever admitted. Looking back I see that on Friday at the hospital. I was stressed, nervous, upset, and all I could think about all day long was food! Any food! When my husband finally brought me food in the evening (this was after not eating a lunch) I ate it so fast I never even tasted it. My mind was thinking, "once I eat this food, I will feel better. I will be more relaxed. It will take away my fear." Obviously, it did none of that. I am depending on food to do things it will NEVER do instead of viewing food as fuel for my body. Fuel in which I can put in the premium fuel or I can put in the fake cheap stuff & always feel like I'm running on empty. 

So, this week's WI might not have the results from last week we all hope for in terms of the scale. But, to me, I do think I've lost.....I've gained a lot of knowledge & insight about myself that I know is going to take me forward. 

Here's a couple pictures from a quick trip this Spring Break weekend - who needs to leave Michigan for some beach fun during Spring Break? Oh wait....I wish we were not in winter coats & gloves. Please spring weather SHOW UP!




Until Next Time ~
*krisha*

4 comments:

  1. oh your poor girl, but her face is precious in her pic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about your daughter, but glad she's ok! Thanks for the comments and blog love. Good luck on your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have made some good progress! Reading today's post had me thinking of the biggest loser and how the trainers try to get at the root cause for a contestants obesity. I think your hard work will pay off in spades later. Also happy you have healthy kids. That's always a blessing. :) Esther Norine Designs I'm a no reply blogger cuz blogger ate my email. Estherdavison@gmail.com ps you're a no reply blogger too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about your little one. Hope she is doing better now.

    ReplyDelete