Pages

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Running Again!

So I recently was hating running! I wrote about it here last week. Despised it, never wanted to do it again. So, I did take a week or two off from it. But, I kept thinking about that darn half-marathon in October that I'm already registered for. 

I was struggling.....Because I am not a quitter. Because a half is something I have said I wanted to do for a few years. Because I know there are people in my life who don't think I can do it or that I will do it.

So, I set the goal on Sunday to run 4 miles on Monday & to see how that went. I made the following agreement with myself:

- I would pay no attention to my pace or care what my pace is.
- I wasn't going to wear my heart rate monitor so I couldn't pay any attention to how many calories I was or wasn't burning.
- If I needed to walk, it was okay.
- Don't look back to what your pace was last summer, Summer 2012 is over, this is 2013 so who cares?
- I really wanted to be back in 50 minutes.

Well...I put on my music & ran....4.35 miles. The longest run I've had since last summer. It felt great. No, it wasn't easy. But, it was rewarding. It was relaxing. It was quality time with me, myself & I. No pressure to be anyone I am not. I only walked three times for 15 seconds & that was only after 3 decent size hills. 


So, I'm back. On track with my half-marathon schedule & ready to train.


Pretty
Strong Medicine
And for today's WIW, I'm down from last week. I'm moving forward!!

Until Next Time ~
*krisha*

5 comments:

  1. I miss running a lot. I ran two halfs lst year, got sick of running and completely stopped. Now I'm thinking of signing up for another half because I really do miss running that much but know I won't do it without a race to train for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have recently started adding running to my alone walks (the ones with out the stroller) and I am loving it. I don't know if it the amazement that I have when I get home that I did it and in a shorter time than I am used to or what, but it is great! Good luck with the half marathon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you talk about how it wasn't easy, but it was rewarding. I want to do a half-marathon and think I am just going to have to bit the bullet and sign up for one and do the training!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not a runner anymore. I ran when I was younger. It's too hard on the old body. Yeah! for a lost this week! This is my first week to visit this hop. I am a new follower!

    http://agutandabutt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete