Pages

Monday, August 12, 2013

A Slap in the Face & A Change

This weekend I came to a screeching hault...a huge wake-up call....actually more like a slap in the face...HARD

I'm miserable! I'm so mad at myself. I feel horrible when I look in the mirror. I feel horrible just sitting there.

I'm so incredibly down on myself & can't figure out how I got here again. Even though, I want to move forward, I am afraid to fail again.

This is so NOT ME!! I am always the positive person. The person that says, "So what if you failed. At least you tried." "Today wasn't your day, but tomorrow will be. Let it go." And on...and on...and on. I always have a positive thing to say to anyone!

So, why can't I say any of that to myself? Why am I always so hard on myself? Why can't I forgive myself when I mess up or don't meet a goal or have an off day? Right now I call myself a "failure" every fricken day.

So, yes, I'm imperfect. That's where my new blog name is coming in to play. I do not expect anyone else in my life to be perfect, except myself. Why? It's time I move away from that & learn to love my flaws, my failures, my attempts, and myself. This will be a deep & difficult journey for me....I have always looked at just my flaws & imperfections.I have always felt like I didn't measure up. Moving forward...today I find the new me & learn to love her.

Sami's Shenanigans
Weekend recap - we had a blast! It was our annual boat & camping weekend with my in-laws, brother-in-law, and my hubby's cousin & his wife. So... yes, I consumed too much beer! Probably too much food to, but not even close to as much as normal! 

My girls had a blast....and they are way too cute!
 Really...it's August & I saw leaves changing color on the river! WTH?!
 My favorite part of camping...
 This picture makes me cringe....yes, I'm the big one on the left....incredibly uncomfortable, can you tell?!


So, Imma gonna learn how to like myself again so I can get moving on to a better me! Here we go y'all...I can do this!

Until Next Time~
*krisha*

2 comments:

  1. I think we've all had the self-loathing times. Find what works for you, a run, a yoga class...something to clear your mind and make you physically feel good. Good luck!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found you through the link up...love to find other working moms who don't have all of their stuff together (I think that's all moms period!) By the smiles on your girls faces in the pics, it's obvious you are doing a great job! Hang in there, you CAN do this!

    Jenn @smalltownjenn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete