Pages

Friday, April 17, 2015

I Share.



I share...
I share my successes & I share my failures...because from watching others I have become inspired. 
I have learned from others. 
I  have seen that what is impossible can be possible. 
I have gotten amazing recipes, tips or ideas from others sharing I wouldn't have thought of.
I share knowing many probably criticize or laugh or roll their eyes.
I share knowing that many will say "who cares." 
I share my moments of strength. 
I share my moments of weakness.

I share despite knowing it causes some to talk negatively or to criticize or even judge.

I share because I know what it's like to feel stuck.
I share because I remember how it felt when I was thought I was a failure. 
I share because I want others to look at me & say "I can do that too." 
I share because if one person puts on their tennis shoes today & moves a little more, than my heart is full.

I once hid my blog, hid my words from anyone I knew. I was never willing to put myself out there & share my thoughts, my fears, my feelings. 

If you read back, way back, on my blog you will see many, many times of feeling stuck; of feeling like a failure; of talking to myself like a bully. 

Today I even read an old post that shocked me & reminded me of how far I have traveled, this is what I wrote:
 "this week was the first time in a super long time that I didn't want to vomit when I looked in the mirror." 

Truly, I never want anyone, ever, to look in the mirror & feel that way. I hate the way I used to view myself. I hate the way I used to treat myself. I am not sure what led me to go down that road, but it is a part of my journey. A part of my journey I will never travel back down.

I share. 
But I do not share to hear comments about myself. 
I do not share for attention.
I share because I hope someone looks & says "I can do it too." 
I share because if one person wakes up tomorrow morning & says "today I am going to try to run one mile," my day has been made.
I share in hopes someone finds some inspiration.
I share hoping that someone sets a new goal today for themselves.
I share to show we can truly do anything we set our minds & our hearts to: whether the goal is health related, job promotion, or paying off debt. 

My sharing does not have to be for you. Maybe you find me annoying. Maybe you roll your eyes. Maybe you judge me. 

But, that is okay. I am confident in me. I am proud of my story: my failures & my successes. 

I share because this week I received the following messages:

I'm registering to run my first half marathon today! It's in Chicago, July 19th! You have totally inspired me! THANK YOU! 

Just signed up for a 5k! I'll need your help :)  about to look up training guides.

 I still can't thank you enough for how inspiring you are! I have began running and found your post to want to run under 10:30 a mile so close to home.  I never thought I could do that and I am getting so so close!!! 

Can you help me train for a half this fall? I really want to do this goal. 

You are inspiring!  I desperately need to take that step. I need to feel good about myself again.
^^this last one since messaging me earlier this week has gone for 2 walks...a single step forward, I am SO proud^^

I share because God gave us all the ability to change someone's life.
I share because if just one person decides they are ready to take that first step forward, my heart is full. 
I share because I care, because I want to watch everyone use their magic & reach their goals. 
I share because I don't want anyone to feel or think the way I once did. 
I share because I want everyone living their best life & living with intention; life is too short to do anything less.

Until Next Time~
*krisha*




2 comments:

  1. Hello, brave heart Krisha!!! I am so proud of you for sharing your journey with conviction, for baring your soul, your strengths and weakness. You are helping countless people along the way. Thanks for being able to expose your vulnerability. Lois

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have helped me and continue to inspire! I'm running my second half marathon on the 25th and your words are part of what has gotten me here!

    ReplyDelete