Pages

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

WIW....Graduation Week!

It's Hump Day! Yay! Half-way thru the week. I need the weekend right now! I have struggled so much lately with exhaustion & I'm not sure why. Possibly the time change combined with softball starting at the same time. I never sleep really great during softball season because every night my brain won't shut off on how things went, what I need to change, what we need to accomplish the next day, etc. Or maybe it's the depressing weather we are having right now in Michigan:

I mean, really? Not Cool, Michigan, NOT COOL!

Well the hubby & I have started an 8 week challenge. We are both going to push hard, weigh-in together & track them all, and eat healthy (for me trying to focus on clean eating) & we shall see who comes out the winner at the end. With that being said, we bit the bullet & ordered Insanity over the weekend. It should be on our porch in the next day or two....YIKES! I am really excited to workout with him. I've tried to get him to workout in the past SO MANY TIMES! Not because he needs to because of health reasons - he's super skinny (in fact right now he weighs 2 pounds less than I do - HATE THAT) but more because he is such a stressful person & I know it could do wonders for his stress level! He's a teacher hoping to soon become an administrator & puts an absolute extreme pressure on himself to be the BEST at everything! He's also completing his Masters project this semester which has been stressful on both of us....I mean, really, this guy has never even got a 'B' before in his life! Which is one of the many things I love about him - such a motivated individual! So, anyway, I'm excited for him to get on board & tone-up with Insanity! I need to lose & tone, he really just needs to tone! There will be days where we can't do it together because of our crazy schedules this time of the year, but most of the time we will! 

So I'm changing things up. Going to rock out Insanity for the next 60 days & will go from there! Today's WI results from last week was down just shy of a pound at 0.9. I will totally take that being this was my first experience again with TOM after having my Mirena removed after a year & a half!

Good news for me, however, is that yesterday after going twice a week since September, I graduated from Physical Therapy! And by "graduate" I mean I left with a HUGE packet of stretches & strength exercises & lots of bands to do at home on my own! I am finally at a place where I can start strengthening my arm - I mean right now the thought of sleeveless tops scares the crap right out of me! My arm is so UGLY between the odd, weak shape it is in & the scars from surgery! So, yes, I took a before picture....but I can't throw that out there until there's a difference! I'm excited. I still have a SUPER LONG ways to go before I can do my passion - throwing a softball (right now I can do little easy/short throws), pitching a softball & swinging a bat! But Someday......

Graduation Gift:


I will forever be a work in progress!

button

Until Next Time~
*krisha*

5 comments:

  1. I've been trying to get my husband to work out with me for the longest time! He is also naturally thin but super stressed and he has the unhealthiest eating habits. Unfortunately, he wants nothing to do with this working out and eating healthy business!

    XO
    Lacey @ CHARM + Sass

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the loss even if small!! A loss is a loss!! Also good luck with the hubs. I keep trying to get mine to workout with me but haven't got him there yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally feel you on the exhaustion thing lately... not sure what is going on but I am wiped right out and I know the damn snow and cold isn't helping! Hopefully this week we'll both see the sun a little more... I need some Vitamin D in my life!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the loss! I found you through Weigh in Wednesday :D New follower!

    Jess
    Operation Skinny Jeans

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm trying to get my bf to get on the healthy train and weight loss train. I hope he does soon!

    ReplyDelete