Pages

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Balance....



Balance…..

Is there such thing?

Is it possible to have a balance in any home, whether you are a stay-at-home mom or a working mom?

This is something I am searching for. 

Some kind of a balance to keep us all stay sane.
A system to help us all stay organized to help the weeks go smoothly.
An atmosphere where we don’t forget what should be at the top of it all.

This past winter I made probably the hardest decision in my life to date. For the previous ten years I had been coaching High School Varsity Softball….a true passion of mine. I love that game more than many could understand, but more than that, was the relationships with my student-athletes.

But, this year, my husband had made the switch from teacher to Assistant Principal which is a dream for him. Quickly, I began to realize how different his hours were this school year.  I realized how much harder it was for me being a full-time working mama with both of my girls in full-time school with homework, active in Awana & learning all about His word, and participating in sports and other activities themselves.  
I prayed. I prayed hard. I prayed that He would show me what I needed to do. I quickly began seeing many answers from Him that my time as the Softball coach needed to come to an end.

I did think this decision would make life easier. Not so crazy hectic.
But I was incorrect.

Life is still crazy hectic & I am still struggling at finding a balance! 

Unfortunately for my girls, their dad is an Assistant Principal who sees children daily that are never held to be responsible for anything. Poor girls! But, for real, I was raised with a daily reminder about working hard, being responsible and always trying your best. 

So, I’m working on a system. A system that will teach them responsibility but will also help this mama get us out of the door on time every morning for school! 
I have their lists for every evening hanging on the fridge that helps us prep for all the activities for the following day. They are responsible for their own list! 

Ineed to become a MUCH better planner & a more organized mama! So I am trying…..trying REALLY HARD here people! My fabulous planner is being updated by the hour pretty much!
 Meals....I need to learn to be an amazing meal planner! It would make life so much easier! Last night dinner for the girls was Subway eaten at the ball field during the opposite girls' ball practice! 


We are kicking off next week with our first full week of Little League games, which we will have every evening of the week but Thursdays! 
The one area that still needs to be planned out in my planner is my WORKOUTS! Duh! Those MUST be planned. I will be working on this schedule after I meet with my awesome trainer tonight to get my May plan since I cannot make it to the studio ever for this month!

So, I'm a work in progress....I always will be....I will never have it figured out! But, I am trying....trying to be better than yesterday!

Until Next Time~
*krisha*

No comments:

Post a Comment