Pages

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Oh...The Lies!



Oh yes, I used to be “one of those.” 

One of those that totally thought a ## defined me. 
A ## told me if I would have a good day or a bad day. 
A ## that told me if I was a success or a failure. 
A ## that told me if I was beautiful or ugly. 
A ## that completely defined my self-worth.

Boy, was I ever stupid!

That thing LIES! It tells you SO MANY LIES!

If I listened to my scale for the past 4 months, I would have given up on this healthy lifestyle. The towel would have been thrown in! 

Quite honestly, the scale might have been thrown from my upstairs window & smashed in the driveway!

I always thought the scale was a great way to measure my progress. A way to get some feedback. 

These pictures…..well, first I should say that I have NO idea why I thought these shorts were the best shorts for me to take a “before” picture in January. My guess would be that quite possibly it was because I own ZERO shorts. I absolutely hate these shorts too & have meant to get rid of them many times….but for whatever reason at the beginning of January I thought these would be great shorts to take some photos in. They have such serious elastic that even those who have like no fat on their belly would look like they suddenly had a muffin top! Ugh. Oh well. We will continue to use these shorts that I will always hate for these pictures! 

Anyway, back to “these pictures.” These pictures, believe it or not, are only a difference of a few pounds. I was 161.1 in these pictures. This week I’m at 158.8. 



Hmm…..to my little eyes, I think it looks like more than 2-ish pounds gone.

Oh! Don’t forget……Jeans! My jeans! My favorite pair of jeans seemed quite big last week! So, I figured they would be fine once I threw them in the wash & dryer. So…..I did….and then I put them back on straight out of the dryer for  Saturday…..Umm…BIG. Way big! So, I picked up a size 6 in these jeans & sure enough, they slip right on nice. I am not even squeezing into them and having them give me a massive muffin top because they are really too small! I am wearing them not so I can say, “yay they are size 6,” but because they fit right! 

I will continue to step on the scale. I do want to get back into the healthy range of weight on the BMI scale because I know for my body there is no reason I can’t get there. But, I will not be using the ## on the scale as solid feedback at all. That ## will not define me or my mood. Because like I said the other day, my changes I have been making mentally and physically are the feedback I need to keep on moving down this healthy mama & wife journey of mine! 

Now - my focus this week is finding some balance and some organization in my home during this crazy time of year.....stay tuned to how & if I can find it!
  
Until Next Time~
*Krisha*

No comments:

Post a Comment