Pages

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Oh That Fear

You know what fear I am talking about, right?

I'm sure you have felt it. I'm certain it has held you back from something. I'm positive you have walked away from a dream because of it.

Have you?

That fear of failure...

I have. More times than I ever care to admit.

Years went by where I was afraid to put myself out there. In many areas of life. I was terrified of having to admit that I fell short. Afraid that I could not cross that finish line of a goal or a dream.

But, I finally realized living in fear was not enjoyable. Living in fear of falling a little short was not allowing me to live my life the way I wanted to; the way I was designed to live my life.

I finally woke up one day & had one of those life changing conversations with myself (am I the only one who has those conversations meaning I am crazy or do you all have them too??).  I came to the realization that it is truly okay to fail, to fall short of a goal, because it meant I was trying to do something. It meant I was using the gifts God blessed me with to make a change in my life & in the lives of those around me.

I told myself that I didn't need to be afraid, I just needed to be strong to get through the challenges that I knew would try to stumble me. I needed to be determined for the days that I did fall so that I could get back up. I had to stay positive no matter how hard or fast I fell because we never accomplish anything when we tell ourselves we cannot do it. Daily, I knew I needed to be sure my passion was burning so bright that I knew I would not give up.

Yes, I have failed. At many things in life. Some that are major & life changing. Others that are small & in the scheme of life do not really matter.

Guess what, I will fail again.

But, I am no longer afraid to fail. The fear of the possibility has no control over me. I want to live my life to the fullest; when my final day comes I want to leave knowing I used every single bit of energy & the gifts my body was blessed with. I want to look back some day when I'm ninety &  smile knowing I lived life out loud regardless if I won or lost. I want to know that I did strive to turn my dreams into goals, I loved big, I fueled my passions & hopefully along the way I left a positive impact & maybe even helped change some lives into better tomorrows.

So....today I say, "So what!" So what if you are striving for a goal that you have already fallen short of a 100 times, don't be afraid to try again. After all, you're still trying, you're doing something to improve your life or the lives around you so be proud. From my view, in order to be successful, you will have to know how to fail anyway!

Until Next Time~
*krisha*

2 comments:

  1. You Go, Girl!!! Keep at it! Upon reading the opening of this blog I was reminded of the last two lines of Carl Sandberg's poem. I had posted it on my bulletin board when I was about 30. It stayed there for a few years, and I need to get it up there again. "Let joy kill you. Keep away from the little deaths." http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/joy-2/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for always sharing your insight with me!! LOVE it!

      Delete