Pages

Friday, January 4, 2013

New Year...New Goals

It is the start of a new year...is it time to make new goals? I will not call them resolutions. Resolutions are made to be broken in my eyes! That would be setting myself up for complete failure.

Goals, I like goals. Everyone should have a goal, something they are working towards. What are my goals for 2013? I don't have them completely figure out quite yet. Such as the title of my blog, I am a work in progress!

Here is what I have so far:

Become a better mom: I need to spend more quality time with my girls. Stop the laundry, it is going to be there tomorrow....in fact there will be more there anyway! I am talking about the time spent playing board games, watching their movies, dance parties, the simple fun things they love that I often claim to be too busy to do.  Some day they will no longer want to dance with me and will be dancing with boys!

Here's a picture from their super adorable concert the other day! Like they are completely adorable?!


Saving $$. It's time for me to grow up financially. It is time for me to develop a budget and actually stick with it! It is time for me to learn how to save money and stop wasting it away on seriously stupid stuff that we do not want or need. This is the year where I will start paying down the debt we have on our loans!

Fitness. Get serious. I will tone this body this year! I will run my half-marathon in October. I do need to sit down and develop a calendar of races to keep myself going once I can actually start to run again! I will achieve my fitness goals this year. It is time to stop talking and start doing!

Eating. Time to do it better. I know that realistically I would probably not succeed if I said I wanted to go all clean eating. However, it is time to cut down on the processed junk we eat at home. It is also time for me to start planning meals out ahead of time and cooking at home. I mean, come one, I have 800 recipes pinned on Pinterest....I would say it is time to start using what I pin as opposed to just the act of pinning!

Be a better wife. Isn't that the most obvious & most important? I used to think my girls needed to come first. That was until I read somewhere recently that my relationship with my husband should be first - some day my kids will move out of my house & it will just be the two of us. I want us to still be amazing.
 And I must add one family picture in too....because we are adorable! Don't you think?!


So here I go. This is what I have so far. These are my goals. Yes, I do need to sit down and make them more specific and make them measurable to some extent so I can eventually jump up and down when I achieve them. It will take me some time to work out all the details....again I am a simple mom who is a work in progress....

Until Next Time
*krisha*

No comments:

Post a Comment