Pages

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Weigh-in Wednesday - Frusteration?

button


So here we go - it is hump day, or also known as Weigh-in Wednesday. Last week I was 155.9 and ready to kick the crap out of the scale for this week. I did stay mostly on-plan this week. I didn't track seriously like I said I would...why is this so hard to do? Regardless, my food plan was very good this week!

Exercise - super excited here because hubby let me buy a treadmill on Sunday!! I used my Christmas bonus gift cards from work and that store had a decent one on sale. No, it's not the top of the line or anything, but it is everything I need it to be and will make running in Michigan as a full-time working momma a heck of a lot easier! So, after not being able to workout since the end of the summer due to my shoulder, I ran/walked on it Monday evening & it felt AMAZING to sweat again! I only got in 2.3 miles but I know it's gonna take some time for me to work back up to my "short" runs being a solid four miles. Tuesday morning I got up early and only did 20 minutes on it - my shoulder was quite sore & I'm being honest with myself on not pushing & overdoing the shoulder recovery. But, either way, I got in some exercise & felt GREAT! 

Then, I stepped on the scale this morning & it was up.....
0.4 from last week but up 1.4 from yesterday morning? What? I was instantly upset. I sat there going back through my week trying to figure out where I had gone wrong. 

But, then I told myself to chill, tomorrow it can be better. Maybe I'm just bloated, maybe it's my body getting used to working out again, maybe I consumed too much sodium. 

But, maybe today I can just do better. Maybe today I can REALLY TRY to get all my water in. Maybe today I can try to go for a little walk on my treadmill (depending on my arm - so far it hasn't been a very good shoulder day - you wouldn't believe how every move you make impacts your shoulder joint/muscles). Maybe today I can track my food seriously - not the little chicken scratch way I typically do it.

That darn number on the scale holds so much "weight" on us. There was a time in the past I would have stepped off that scale & said "Screw it! My on-plan choices aren't working anyway." Then, I would have spend the remainder of the day consuming way too many calories! Yes, that number is important. It's important to me and to my health. It's a guide that gives me constant feedback - feedback that at times makes me want to pick up the scale & smash it into a million pieces while other times I want to kiss it. But it doesn't define me. I'm not happy with it this week, but it is what it is. It has me confused. But, I can never understand why sometimes it goes up & sometimes it goes down so I'm gonna say that next week it WILL go down and today & tomorrow, I will do better.



Until Next Time
~krisha~

2 comments:

  1. it is so frustrating the way our bodies fluctuate, at last weeks weigh in I was 197, this week 195. In between I had gotten up to 199 and as low as 191. WHAT THE HECK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't get too frustrated with the scale. If you are like me, my weight fluctuates big time! great news with the treadmill. I would LOVE to buy an elliptical so I don't have to go to the gym each time but I really have no good spot to put it!

    www.RaisingSteppeSisters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete