Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Weigh-in Wednesday....Failed!

button


It's Wednesday. It's hump day. It's weigh-in day. It's not a good weigh-in day. I'm up....I'm up 0.6 to 155.8 this week. Ugh! Why, oh why, do I do this to myself?

The good news is that after the weekend I had I jumped on my scale Monday morning & was horribly upset to see I was up to 157. So, I guess I did do some damage control over the past three days. But, I'm tired of that cycle. Really tired of it.

I have lost before. I lost 55 pounds on Weight Watchers. I maintained that loss for almost two years before I let it rise again. I know how to do it. I have ALL THE TOOLS to do it. It's like I need a reset button on my mind & a fresh start. Maybe I need to forget I have lost that weight. Maybe I just need to think of me starting now from 155.8 and going back down. Forget the past journey & start this one out on a new path, a new road, a new starting weight of 155.8 instead of the original ## in my mind of 197.

I do know that one big huge difference from before to now that I really realize is that when I was losing successfully, I was at the top of my "list." I was a top priority. No, that doesn't mean I forgot about my hubby or my girls or the house or my job. But, I made my workouts a SUPER DUPER TOP PRIORITY and NEVER let myself get too busy taking care of anything or anyone else get in the way of that.

This weekend I let that happen a million several times....Saturday I couldn't work out in the morning because I had to take Laynee to the med center for an ear infection. I knew that Friday night when I went to bed - I could have set my alarm to get up a little earlier & get my workout done. I didn't. Then, my day was so packed full I could not get one in. Sunday, I actually did set my alarm to get up & workout in the morning before church & before all my housework & laundry & softball practice. I shut it off. I didn't get up. Before, I would have gotten my butt outta bed & gotten it done.

So, this week my goal is to make ME a priority. Ask for help if I need it. I need to do what I need to do again....starting now.

One pic before I run off. I took my oldest daughter, Jacee, to the eye doc yesterday because she has been struggling with headaches at school a lot lately. Sure enough, this sassy little chic needs some specs. It took her forever to pick out the ones she wanted, but we let her do it on her own! She definitely was into the sassy fashionable ones! She cannot wait for them to get in!




Later~
*krisha*

3 comments:

  1. Making time for yourself is hard, but you feel so much better when you do!

    So good she's excited for them, most kids fight to not wear them!

    MamaB
    http://mamas-losing-it.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a hard time finding time to fit in workouts between working full time and taking care of the kiddos. But, I know I feel better and am happier when I do so I try not to have too much mom guilt about it. Hope you find some time for you this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hate weeks like that but I hope this week is going better for you. The winter months definitely seem harder to stay on track!

    Thanks so much for linking up... your daughter is adorable!

    ReplyDelete