Pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The Breakup Week

Happy flippin' hump day people! I really don't love Wednesdays - they are seriously swamped with running around with my head cut off all day & evening, but either way I am one day closer to the weekend!

button


It's Weigh-in Wednesday again. This week I don't care what the scale says. For the first time in a long time I feel I am finally approaching this in the right way. I have been eating crappy processed junk for so long & then eating a salad to make up for that bad choices & praying that the scale would go down for weigh-in day. This week I made some changes & slowly researching bigger changes & I feel great about them. If they don't show up on the scale yet, I'm not gonna get pissy & break the scale in a million pieces like I wanted to last week! Sooner or later the scale will show me the progress!

So, it was my break-up week.....with one of my most loved things, something I couldn't live a day without. Yes, you guessed it! Diet Coke! Last Wednesday I vowed I would go one week without it & see what I thought. Erin over at She's a Big Star gave me the kick in the butt last week on this! Not gonna lie - that crap was hard! There were many times I wanted to grab one, so many times I thought that just one wouldn't be a big deal. But, then I thought about how my self-discipline SUCKS & how I seriously need to improve that! So I didn't. Except on Friday when we went out to lunch, out of COMPLETE habit without even thinking I ordered a diet pop and never thought twice until I took a drink! Oops! What can I say other than old habits are hard to break! I feel good, I think I'm over the part where it was a struggle for me! I don't miss it right now. I don't want one. That is until I eat pizza. How do you eat pizza without a pop?!

Speaking of pizza - I am also making some huge changes with my food. Not going completely clean because that makes me super nervous, but I am trying to go for a more clean-er approach. This is something I have never really cared about - I didn't care what was in my food or how it was made. So this is a big step for me & it involves a ton of research! This week I cooked more than normal & good things - like tilapia & chicken. I made veggies for my sides & even made kale chips to try. I did like them! So definitely changing things for good now!

I also increased my activity & finally really stuck to my fitness goals for the week! Last night I finally worked my way back up to 4 mile run since having surgery! It felt great! It wasn't easy & of course my pace wasn't amazing or anything but I told myself I would run 4 miles & I did! And check out my calorie burn!

The scale results for the week....I am down 1.9!

So I am gonna keep on rockin' out my new changes! I'm gonna keep it real!

Until Next Time ~
*krisha*

3 comments:

  1. stopping by from the link up. Awesome weight loss girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you eat pizza without a pop?!

    Question of the freakin' year ahaha.

    Congrats on the loss - so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeahh for the no soda!!! I hope you're noticing a difference, and if you're not, give it another few days and you totally will! I'm at the same place with you in regards to eating... I used to eat a lot of processed foods but now I'm to the point where I don't want to put that junk in my body, I want to be healthy. So although I'm certainly not 100% clean, I'm definitely a whole lot more clean that I used to be and I plan on keeping it that way!

    ReplyDelete