Pages

Monday, February 11, 2013

Update on 2013 Goals

Today is a check-in for myself on the cold hard truth! I set goals for 2013, nope not resolutions - I have never been good at resolutions. But, goals, I am better at! So I set some. How am I doing? Not very good.... here's my list of goals.

First one I set was to be a better mom. By that I meant to stop the laundry, the cleaning, and REALLY spend time with my girls. This one I am actually succeeding at. We have done some fun stuff, I have spent some good ole quality time with them!

Fitness - I am doing it. I am mixing some things up. Now that my shoulder is feel A TON BETTER I am starting to make progress! Yay! Go me!!!

A better wife - well its pretty easy to do when you don't see your hubby much right now! He is a full-time working teacher, hubby, daddy, and is working on his masters thesis project - so pretty much non-existent right now. Short-term sacrifice! Just got to get through this semester! But, I will say I have been a rock star wife at supporting him right now & encouraging him! 

Food - Yay! This one I am making progress too! Instead of just pinning all those recipes on Pinterest - I'm using them! I am doing better on meal planning, but would still like to be even more organized yet on that. I can say that in the past week I have been doing research & shopping to switch over to a more clean lifestyle. See - look at what has been on my desk all afternoon to munch on. I have made NO trips to the candy dish at work today! 
Here's my HUGE FAILURE so far! Saving $$. I told myself I was gonna get smart & get organized with our money! I said I was going to learn how to start saving money & stop useless spending. I have not even started on this. I said I was going to track all my spending. I will do it...for a half a day, maybe a whole day, but never for a whole week.

So I suppose it is time to get hard on myself here...when I started my blog it wasn't suppose to be me just writing about fitness & trying to lose weight. I wanted it to be about me, my life, my daily struggles & victories. Therefore, keeping myself accountable to me, I am going to start doing a post each week about our finances & where we are at & how much stupid spending I did. My challenge for the month of February is absolutely no buying clothes for me or my girls. My hubby does need a few things picked up that I'm going to go shopping for on Friday. But, for us girls - we do not need anything! I'm also going to get that darn budget done too!

Here I go - wish me luck!
Until Next Time
*krisha*

No comments:

Post a Comment