Pages

Monday, January 5, 2015

Believe in the Beauty.

Over the years, I have started & stopped blogging many, many times. I have changed the name of my blog several times. I have changed the look. But, I never shared it publicly, other than in some fitness groups. It was just for me, mostly about my healthy living journey & was supposed to keep me accountable. 

Last week I renamed it....and for such a simple name, it took me FOREVER to come up with a name. I also changed my focus for it. Now, this is still for me: for my thoughts, my memories, my goals, my dreams, my personal growth, my failures, my motivation, my inspiration. But, I have been so blessed with messages from others that my words, my thoughts helped them. What more could you hope for... to be the encouragement or the positive light in someone's day?  Sometimes it is a complete stranger and sometimes it is someone you see frequently that you did not realize they were fighting a battle. The truth is that someone near you is probably feeling the exact same way you are, they just need someone else to open up and remind them that tomorrow will be a better day; every storm is followed by sunshine again; our rainbows are out there, sometimes we just have to be willing to chase after them.

We all wear smiles. Day in, day out. We all respond with "good" when passing another as they ask how you are doing even when it is as far from the truth as we can be. But, you never know how true a smile is unless you take the time to look. You never know who is fighting a battle behind closed doors. You never know who might just be struggling with that feeling of "stuck" not knowing what direction their path might be headed: left or right? You never see how much someone's walls might be crashing in on them as they dig deep to find even an ounce of strength to fight back. 

Years and years ago...by this I mean high school and in college...I wrote. Again, just for me. I was always terrified of sharing. Six months ago, I opened up a notebook and started scribbling my random little thoughts for the first time in years. Eventually, I sit down and turn those scribbles into more. I wrote this one in November and share it today as a reminder that sometimes turning a page can be scary, painful, terrifying; but there is beauty in it. 



The Turning of a Page

 The time has come

No more delaying it

You must leave behind the broken pieces of yesterday

Lay out the stepping stones from the lessons you have learned

The time has come to turn the page and start the next chapter.



Tears have fallen until your eyes have burned

You have traveled through the stormy days

You fought the urge to drown swimming in the ocean

You have grown in your exploration

You have transformed in ways you never imagined.



It is time to walk away from the empty nothingness

The search for extraordinary can begin

A search for a passion

A desire and a fire to fuel your soul

Your heart has been aching for more

As you have fought to find yourself again.



Yes, the doubts roam wild

Your fears are burning deep inside

The questions ring in your mind

As you come up empty of answers

The fear of failure threatens to hold you back.



But you have made it here

You are stronger now, you are ready

You found that genuine self again

You fought through to see the end of this chapter.



And now you know

You know it is time

Time to turn the last page of this chapter

Time to grab your pen and start to scribe the new one.



You are ready to trust in a change

To believe in the promise of a better tomorrow

To smile for the blessings on each page you write

And to have faith in the timing of each one you receive

For you can finally appreciate

The beauty in the turning of a page.
~*krisha*~ 
11.11.14 

So, today, my friends if this is your time to turn a page, see the beauty in it. The beauty is there.


Until Next Time~
*krisha*

 



2 comments:

  1. Krisha, congratulations on your inspiring blog! I am already a fan. Lois

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the words about living and changing your own life. We have control over our own actions and reactions. We don't have control over anyone else's actions. It look me a long time time to really learn this. ..."to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference..."

    ReplyDelete