Pages

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Empowered

When I walk into the awesome studio at MFC Fitness Studio, I instantly get to leave my cares and worries at the door. I am surrounded by amazing women and led by a trainer who cares about you, not just your success from her classes, but you as a person & your life.


Joining MFC was a HUGE step out of my comfort zone last winter. I was scared to death, but knew I needed a change & wanted to surround myself with people that had the same goals. I didn't want to go some place I was simply just a number or a member where they cared more about my money each month than they did me.  


For the first month, probably, every time I drove to class I felt so nervous. Yes, remember that first day of school nerves?! But, every time I walked in the door I was greeted with hellos, a friendly conversation, and again, surrounded by some really amazing women!

Of course, the friendly warm chatter was quickly replaced with a complete beating and us women grumbling some hefty words under our breath at our trainer. But, I found comfort in the fact that there were many different sizes and shapes, ability, and fitness levels there. I still remember watching one mama do real push-ups better than most males probably & I stated that "Someday I want to do push-ups like her." Guess what, I can now! There was never any judgement at MFC, we were all there to go as hard as we possibly could for that class. We didn't compete with one another, but we pushed each other, we encouraged each other, we built each other up, and empowered each other. 

Tonight, I walked into MFC with many stresses on my shoulders but I smiled as I entered the door knowing that for the next hour, all I had to do was worry about myself. I didn't have to worry or stress about my girls, I didn't have to worry about that medical bill for my daughter looming over my head, I didn't have to think about how much attention my house needed, I didn't have to think about that pile of papers I never touched on my desk at work. Truly, I see this time as such a gift. 

It was just me. That was my worry. I wanted to push hard tonight. I needed to feel like I gave it all I had and walk out feeling like I was for sure stronger than I was before walking in. The strength I needed tonight was not physical though, I was searching for that mental strength - where I have been struggling lately. 


Really, whether you are running or doing a DVD in your own home or attending a class - it is ALWAYS up to you how hard you go, how far you push yourself. This is usually all in your head, not in your physical body. My body tells me to quit every single time I am active. My body told me to quit 500 times during my marathon. If we let the body control our actions, we would fall short often.

The area you have to build strength in is your mind. I can tell myself I can do these burpees without stopping or I can tell myself I'm too tired and I need a break at the half-way point. I can tell myself there is simply no way I can jump on the big box or I can tell myself I can do it - what is the worse thing that can happen? I miss the box & I fall....well, at least I had the courage to give it everything I had, right? Tonight, I had to remind myself that I can do anything for 30 seconds as I pushed harder....I mean, its ONLY 30 seconds right, it isn't that long! I got through those 30 seconds just fine... all mental! 


Our bodies were designed to be active; they weren't made to sit at a desk for 8 hours a day, like I do, and then go home and sit around. We were made for movement. The one part I am thankful for is that I was made with the heart and spirit to go hard. I was given a drive to always push, even when I want to quit. Push to be better than yesterday and to not give up. 

I walked out tonight after class as I rushed to pick up my beautiful babies riding that post-workout high. I felt stronger. I felt driven. I felt successful. I felt proud. I felt exhausted. I felt like someone had just beat up my body. I left knowing I gave that workout every bit of me I had. I took my aggression out from the day on the tire I flipped, or the box I jumped on, or the lunges I did. I left it all there. On the floor. I took advantage of that gift.

Now, tomorrow I will wake up and know I am stronger than I was today.... I will know as I am certain I will feel it with several muscles in my body. That pain that feels so incredible because you know you made progress!

MFC has been seriously life changing in the last year for me. What I have gotten from that place cannot even be justified with words. But I found a fitness home with amazing people I now call friends and trainers who are amazing at giving you the results you want but truly care about you as a person. Classes that are amazing, always different, effective & quick to fit into your busy life! MFC is the reason I continue to not be afraid of stepping out of my comfort zone. I did it to join there and the magic back has been incredible. I can't wait for next month to show my one year progress picture. MFC will continue to push me past my limits with every class; push me to set crazy goals that scare me & give me a place where I can surround myself with people who have the same goals as I do, the same crazy schedules and people who embrace you as part of their circle. 

Empowered. Maybe that is the simple way to sum it all up. I feel empowered. 

Until Next Time~
*krisha*

No comments:

Post a Comment