Pages

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Change the Goal or the Plan?


Currently I am in training for a half-marathon & a 25k. I had very big goals for my pace goals for both races; really wanting to improve on my pace. Not to mention, this year for those completing both of these events you get an extra bling medal. Who doesn't like more bling?! 



But, here I am. Not too many weeks before my half & that 25k will be here in no time. Yes, I realize it wasn't that many months ago that I ran a full marathon, however, since then I have not been able to run as much as I had hoped due to my injuries and my physical therapy. 

Now, here I am with "life" I guess getting in the way of my training schedule. For the past two weekends, I have missed my long runs. Last week, I was fighting off some kind of virus and I tried to hit the trails but couldn't do it. This past weekend I have been nursing my youngest daughter with a horrible flu bug & her typical dehydration to the point where quite often she wouldn't let me leave her side. 

To be honest, it might be some level of an excuse, but once the week begins with all the girls activities & my work, I cannot squeeze in a long run. Yes, I have one of those ultra boring treadmills in the basement, but doing ten plus miles on that thing.....yikes!

Anyway, I sat here & debated on maybe rethinking my races & registrations. But, I set a goal. 

I don't quit. 

I just have to rethink my plan a little; rework my training schedule. 

* and yes, I need to get back to utilizing my planner!!*

Yes, maybe it is possible that I may need to re-think my RACE day goals & maybe I will need to accept what is & smile as I cross the finish line. 

Life happens. Always. It can get in our way; attempts to throw us away from our goals. I have had a lot of life changes in the past few months & at times I have been tempted to stop training, set my goals down lower; smaller easier goals. 

But, that would be me going in a backwards direction. I am not going that way. I still need to move forward & push myself. This girl is the one that has to have a big goal to work towards; I will always be in love with the feeling of being challenged along with the feeling of being stronger than yesterday. 

Challenged is what I will be feeling from now until I step up to the starting line on these spring races, but as long as I keep putting one foot in front of the other, regardless of the time it takes for me to get from the starting line to the finish line, I still won. I still reached my goal.  

Until Next Time~
*krisha*

No comments:

Post a Comment