Pages

Monday, July 20, 2015

It Was A Need

Last week I wrote on here with full disclosure about riding the struggle bus.

I also wrote that I was jumping off of it.

I did.

I had incredible workouts Friday & Saturday. Y'all I might be addicted to Cize (contact me for more info)!

But, my need was on Sunday.

Sunday was my long run day.

I needed a solid run like I need sunshine, like I need water, like I need food.

Mentally, emotionally & physically....I needed it.

It is something that is truly hard to explain.

But, I had to have it.

I have not had a long, solid run in a very long time & no double digit runs since my 25k in May.

Headed into this week where I have a million things on  my "to do" list & we do not need to discuss the emotional part of it yet, I just needed this.

I gave myself permission to run, walk or crawl. I did not care. Slow or fast.

Just finish the ten miles. Hit the double digit mark.

My first five miles were great; strong. I was in my zone.

From mile six to seven, I wanted to quit & call for a ride.

I was in mile eight & growing tired. Everything hurt. I told myself when I got up to the sign I could see in the distance that I could take a twenty second walk break.

I pushed & got to that point. Then, I looked at my Garmin & saw I was just shy of hitting mile nine. So I pushed until nine and then gave myself that twenty seconds.

That last mile, I cried for most of the way. I cried because even though everything hurt, I felt amazing. Because I hit my goal despite fighting through fatigue. I kept going when I wanted to stop & sit. Because I realized I can always go further if I give myself the opportunity to do so.

I needed it. In that last mile, those moments there, is when I feel the most like *k*



That *k* is this really strong woman who will not stop & will not settle for anything less than amazing. She believes in living life to its' depth & width. 

Then, I treated  myself to a Starbucks Mango Black Tea Lemonade...I mean, I definitely earned it & then rushed off to church where again I heard exactly what I needed to hear. 


Until Next Time~
*krisha*

No comments:

Post a Comment