Pages

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Yes! I Did It!

Ahh...insert a nice, long, deep breath of air...

Another goal accomplished.

One hundred days ago I decide to do a run streak of at least a mile a day. At the time, I had no number of days set. 

When I got to day #57, I thought it would be fun to aim for 100 days. So, to keep myself accountable I shared that goal on social media immediately. Yes, putting myself out there was scary. Sure, I was afraid I would fall short. But, I was trying to go somewhere & writing out my goals & sharing them always keeps my fire going. 

Today,  my lunch time run completed my 100 day run streak. On my run today, I felt proud. Proud that I hadn't given up on this goal.

Because, lets be honest & say I wanted to quit on this goal probably at least 30 days out of 100. There were days I had to put on my workout clothes at 9:30ish at night, after girls were tucked in bed, lunches & backpacks were packed, laundry done & put away, and bathrooms cleaned up. Yes, I would be at complete exhaustion & the thought of jumping on my treadmill made me angry. 

There were days I knew I had no choice but to run early in the morning and I really did not want to get out of bed, but I somehow dragged my butt up.

There were days where running a mile felt like I was climbing a mountain as my body just did not want to go & I wanted to stop. 

But, every single time I completed this mile, or however many miles I ran for the day, I felt so much better than I did before I started. 

Some days it gave me an energy boost; some it relieved my stress allowing me to crash into bed; some where it allowed me to search for the answers to on-going questions; and some where it was about nothing than just the music I was singing along with. Yes....out loud. 

It took drive, commitment, strength, focus & discipline. Some days it took my girls asking if I had run my mile yet to get it done. I mean, who would want to let those two down?! 

Every goal I set, I always grow. I always gain something or learn something. This one helped remind me that excuses get us nowhere. This one showed me that there is always time in the day for the things you find important to you. This goal reminded me that taking a little amount of time, some days this was as little as ten minutes, to do something for me or something I enjoy is so crucial to my mental health & stress levels. 

Will I keep going? No. Today I end my run streak for now. I may do it again someday. But, I know in just a few weeks I will be staying in the hospital with my daughter for at least a week & running a mile every day will not be a top priority; holding her hand will be. 

I also know that I learned a lot about my body; physically & mentally; last year training for my marathon & I know this time there are changes I need to make. A run streak is not in my cards especially since at that point, rest days are crucial! 

So, I have a few new goals swimming around in my mind right now & I am just waiting to see which one lands on my heart! 


Until Next Time~
*krisha* 

No comments:

Post a Comment