Pages

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Well....It Is Official

So it has been weighing on my mind.

On my heart.

In my soul.

I have had numerous talks with myself; arguments really. I have prayed about it. Soul-searched. Gone back and forth a million times.

But, yesterday I saw this quote right at the moment the question was running through my mind. 

I took it as my sign. 

So, I made the decision. I set the goal. Then, I wrote down my plan to achieve it.

The journey to another 26.2 has begun. 

I have been going back and forth on it for months. Was I ready to tackle such a huge goal? Did I think I could commit? Did I have the heart to do it all again? Could I make it work with my schedule? 

Part of me thought my first marathon would be my only. But, due to my knee & hip that landed me in physical therapy for six months after receiving that medal, my time was not any place close to what I had hoped for. I know I can do better. I want to do better.

I am a competitor. I was raised to never settle for anything less than my best. I was raised with a work hard mentality. I want another shot. I'm afraid if I take this year off, I may never tackle this goal again.

With that being said, I know I have some big challenges ahead, such as Laynee's surgery. I will have over a week where it will just be her & I in Ohio. I may not get in my runs, but I feel if I work hard before & get right back on track after I can still be successful. 

I am going into this with the thought in my heart that life may cause some roadblocks. However, I am going to start. If I receive the messages that I need to scale back, then I will aim to crush a PR like I never imagined I could in the half-marathon. But, if I don't try, I may always wonder. 

So, I have my plan. Because goals need to have a plan. Today is day one of a brand new month, it is a FABULOUS time to set a goal! 

I have many goals for this month: my training goal, my 21 day fix eating goal, my run streak for as long as I can keep it rolling, really digging into my monthly budget with a true-set plan, reading with my girls daily, getting them a good math facts system with goals for the summer, my PD daily, de-clutter my basement, and last but not least have as much summer fun as I can with my girls prior to Laynee's surgery. 

I keep my goals written around me to see daily. It is so easy to get distracted, or tired, and want to conveniently forget about what I want to accomplish if I don't keep them close by. 

What are some of your goals? Do you write them down or keep them in your head? Do you write out your steps or set plans to accomplish them? I would love to hear; goal-setting is like my favorite! 

For fun: new dress I just got from Jane.com....this might be the most comfy thing I own! Love it! 

Until Next Time~
*krisha*

No comments:

Post a Comment