Pages

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Change of Plans



First of all, can you believe I did NOT get on the scale this morning? Can we say HUGE victory for me! I am really trying to not focus on a stupid # anymore on a DAILY basis! Plays way too many mind games with me! I’ll still weigh in on Thursdays at my Weight Watchers meetings, but not every fricken day! Taking the control AWAY from the scale & putting it back into my own hands!

Did you know that it is a gorgeous 15 degrees in Michigan this morning w/ snow-covered roads & more flurries falling from the sky?! Yup….therefore I declared it a Starbucks morning! 
 (Yes, I have a slight obsession with colored markers & pens at work - brightens my day!)
 
Anyways, Change of Plans…so I was currently following a training plan for a 25k for May. I wasn’t totally sold on what distance I really wanted to do yet for the run but when I signed up for my Run Club I was so bored, experiencing severe winter blues, and really just needed to be challenged and pushed which was something I wasn’t doing very well to myself! I signed up for that at the same time I started my membership at the studio. Well, since then, I have fallen in love with those classes! When I get done with those classes I can feel my body getting stronger & I’m becoming obsessed with that feeling. Not to mention how much better of a runner I’m becoming in this short time! 

BUT the problem is that the 25k training is becoming SUPER intense & too time consuming where all I feel like I have time for is running. So, I’m scaling back to the 10k race & that training plan. The 10k will still be pushing me & will also allow me to include studio classes during the week & additional workouts of this type at home. I will be shooting for longer races this summer & fall, however! Plus, I’m quite certain this will make me a faster runner which I long to be!
I’m excited! I have actually never ran a 10k before! I jumped from a 5k to a half-marathon! 

If you're jumping over here from SkinnyMeg's link-up, you can see the results from my recent Advocare 10 day cleanse here

Until Next Time~
*krisha*

No comments:

Post a Comment